Holy radio silence, Batman. Sorry about that. I have an unspoken goal of posting 1-2 times a week and I’ve definitely failed at that the last few weeks. But I have some excuses, some of which might actually be legitimate. The biggest one is finals, I had 3 finals in 24 hours and my kiddo had an appointment between the second and third finals, and you can bet your ass I was there for the whole appointment. So there was that, and dog sitting for a friend’s new puppy,
and going to Seattle for spring break, and having a bunch of family in town for my grandma’s 90th birthday. Oh, and I had to defend the world from the zombie apocalypse.
Turns out I’m a pretty good shot.
Anyway, here are some updates in bullet form, because bullets that are not aimed at living things are actually pretty fun.
* While it may not be getting warmer in Portland (damn you rain, I’m over you), it is getting lighter, which means we can now have track night in the sunlight.
* Kiki chewed through my computer cord in under 90 seconds.
* I ran 90 miles in March. By far an all time high and I can really feel how much my endurance has improved. My legs don’t kill me after doing my long runs like they used to. I only feel like I’ve been run over by a bicycle and not a semi.
* I ate way too much sugar, but what else is new?
* I ran in the rain, a lot.
* I got to spend some quality time with one of my best friends, which really makes my world better.
* I got to watch some of my teammates kick ass at Race for the Roses. Great job everyone!
* My family celebrated my grandma’s 90th birthday.
In true Tobin fashion we played a lot of Scrabble and got in a game of mini golf, black light style.
Now it’s the first week of spring quarter and it’s back to grindstone. I’ve already started it off in true clumsy Maddy fashion by standing up into the corner of a locker door and getting a giant goose egg on top of my head. I tried to run at track night tonight but only made it through half the workout before my headache got too much to run through. Guess I need to rest the ole noggin. I hate taking unscheduled rest days.
26 days until Eugene!